Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 16 Sep 2022 15:42:27 GMT by james
Hello All, This is the first time I have had to do a self assessment and frankly I have no idea what I am doing in regards to how to enter in some shares. So, my US employer gifted some RSU as part of annual investment 3 years ago, they vested in February and i immediately sold them. As part of the vestment I lost around half the shares for, what I understand, various tax purposes. I have spent the day reading through things trying to figure out how i account for this on the self assessment and have generally ended up more confused than when I started! If anyone could help that would be appreciated. Thanks
Posted Tue, 20 Sep 2022 14:04:47 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Please refer to guidance at :

Shares and Capital Gains Tax (Self Assessment helpsheet HS284)    .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.