Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 21 Oct 2022 08:01:43 GMT by Nick Tipping
Hi, In September, I posted a paper partnership tax return to the following address (on advice from a phone call to HMRC): PAYE & Self-Assessment HM Revenue and Customs BX91AS UK As of last week (according to a phone call to HMRC), it hadn't arrived. I suspect it got lost because of strike action. So I checked the delivery address via a phone call to HMRC (confirmed as the right one) and I sent a second copy this week via the Royal Mail 'first class signed for' service. Three days on, it still hasn't been delivered because of strike action. There is a deadline of the end of October to register the return and I am running out of time. Given there is no online option to post a return unless I buy software, can I email HMRC a copy and what will happen if the paper copies still don't arrive by the end of the month? By the way, for feedback, the return address box is blank on the downloadable version of the SA800 Partnership Return form, and as far as I can see, it is not included in the supporting help documentation nor the supporting web pages. Thanks in advance.
Posted Tue, 25 Oct 2022 10:41:22 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

There is no option to send the return by email, it can only be done online or by post.

If the return arrives late and you receive a penalty, you can make an appeal explaining the situation.

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 25 Oct 2022 10:57:31 GMT by Nick Tipping
WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.
Posted Tue, 25 Oct 2022 11:45:53 GMT by Nick Tipping
WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.