Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 19 Jul 2022 16:45:55 GMT by g Dud
12th July, paid due amount (31st July is Due). Included UTR as reference. (without K at the end) I have an online account so today was checking my statements, and credit is not showing. In January I paid online as well, without K at the end and it was fine. I can see the amount deducted from my account on 12th July so it must have gone fine, but the statement not show it. Tried to call the generic inquiries number (on the statement), waited for a long, but was not able to talk to anyone. Please help. Question is: Is it ok without K? I believe it may get delayed on the statement. 31st is the Deadline so worried if it still not received by HMRC. FYI, My husband paid his due amount but included UTR + K in reference, his online account shows the credit.
Posted Thu, 21 Jul 2022 11:52:10 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
We advise to use the letter K as part of the reference when making the payment, we usually expect this to show within 5 working days.
If you contact our helpline to confirm the payment amount, when you made the payment and where to, we can send a request to trace the payment if it has not been allocated.
If we are able to find the payment it would be allocated to your account with the original payment date.
​​​​​​​Self Assessment: general enquiries

You must be signed in to post in this forum.