Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 28 Jul 2022 00:15:00 GMT by Edward
Hello With reference to exchange listed shares when providing the list of disposals and relevant calculations required to complete Capital Gains Tax Summary form SA108 ( page CG2 Boxes 23-28 and 31-36) is it sufficient to provide for each share sold the Allowable Cost ( i.e. worksheet Total Cost box G=D+E) and Net Disposal Proceeds (i.e. worksheet Net Disposal Proceeds box C=A-B) without providing the split between box D Purchase Cost & box E Incidental cost of acquisition and the split between box A Sales Proceeds & B Incidental costs of sale? I have sold about 110 shares on a UK retail online share dealing platform that when downloading the various transactions only provides share transaction description, quantity, direction (bought or sold) and final amount (i.e. total cost paid or net sales amount received). In order to provide the breakdown between execution amount (boxes A & D) and incidental costs (boxes B &E) such as commission, stamp duty tax, PTM levy, etc I would need to manually write down all this information from each individual contract for the about 110 disposals. Is this necessary? The end result will be the same as the final cost/proceeds amounts provided in the platform's downloaded csv file. Thank you. Regards Edward
Posted Thu, 28 Jul 2022 12:47:52 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Edward,

Yes you can.
You may be asked at a later date for a more comprehensive breakdown if your return is selected for review.

Thank you.
Posted Sat, 20 May 2023 10:57:25 GMT by SamSam
Dear Sir, When filling SA108 form, as I will file paper form as I need to elect for remittance basis. I would like to ask that I need to file the computation sheet with the form and mail to HRMC or I just file completed form to HRMC is ok? The computation sheet will be just filed to HRMC when request? Thanks!
Posted Wed, 24 May 2023 16:07:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi SamSam
You need to include a capital gain computation with the return so that HMRC can see how you have worked out your gain.
Posted Mon, 29 May 2023 19:25:57 GMT by SamSam
But if filing for remittance basis, just SA109 form is required to fill? SA106 and SA108 is not requried if no remitted foreign capital gain or loss, remitted saving interest from foreign account. Thanks. I have read the guidance but it is not clear enough for me to understand

You must be signed in to post in this forum.