Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 18 Feb 2023 16:26:20 GMT by Raquel
Hi I’m currently doing an internship and I’m not a student. I have been paid for my hours but I do not have a PAYE reference number and didn’t get any tax deductions . Does that mean that I don’t have to pay any taxes or do I need to do a self-assessment tax deduction? Thanks
Posted Thu, 23 Feb 2023 13:48:58 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

You will need to check this with the employer, if there advise that they are not submitting the information to HMRC as an employee, you will need to register as Self-Employed.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.