Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 15 Jan 2022 17:15:40 GMT by Serdar Karacay
Hi all, hope all is well. I'm not British citizens. I have a work permit. I have NI number. I've been trying for 3-4 months and I can't get a UTR number. I tried it by phone, it says you should buy it online. It asks for a British passport online. Can you help me, please? Thank you.
Posted Mon, 17 Jan 2022 12:45:03 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

If you are unable to verify your identity for the government gateway you can complete the on screen and print form see link :

Register for Self Assessment  .

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 17 Jan 2022 14:44:42 GMT by Serdar Karacay
Thank you so very much. Unfortunately, I was unable to apply. In the link you provided, the first link is asking for a British Passport. The other link is not working.
Posted Tue, 18 Jan 2022 11:42:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

If you keep having issues accessing the form you can report this to our Online Services see link:

Technical support with HMRC online services  .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.