Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 07 Nov 2022 13:12:47 GMT by Steve Sollars
I am being asked two questions in my self-assessment that I'm not sure how to answer: - Amount of underpaid tax for earlier years included in your tax code for 2021-22 (from your PAYE Notice of Coding). - Amount of estimated underpaid tax for 6 April 2021 to 5 April 2022 to be included in your PAYE tax code for 6 April 2022 to 5 April 2023 (from your PAYE Notice of Coding) I have lost my PAYE Notices of Coding Note: - There are no PAYE Notices of Coding available under Self Assessment > View Your Payments > View PAYE Coding Notices - The home screen says I paid the right amount of tax for 2020 to 2021 Question: - Is there another way to answer the two questions above from the information available on the Government Gateway? If so, how? - If not, is it possible to request re-prints of PAYE Coding Notices? If so, how?
Posted Thu, 10 Nov 2022 12:46:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

If you are completing an online return, the system usually prepopulates the figures if there were any amounts included in your tax code. If this is not the case, please contact our Income Tax team who can confirm what was included in the tax codes.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.