Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 30 Sep 2021 10:25:47 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi David Cain,

Your question is not relevant to income tax and will need to be directed to the National Insurance helpline:

National Insurance: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 09 Nov 2021 14:39:21 GMT by Maxine Cook
I was £15.00 short on my 54 years of contributions, so I was informed that my pension would be approx £5.00 short of the full new sum of £179.60, I have since paid the missing £15.00, back in October, to ensure that when my pension payments start in December, I would receive the full entitlement, I called them today, 9th November, they informed me that it can take eight weeks for the back payment, to be updated to my pension account, if it takes what appears to be a long time for pension payments to be updated, is interest paid on the back dated amount once it is finally paid out, and if not paid when my pension starts in December? I know this is not a great deal, but something needs to be done in order to get things moving for all, I work with incoming payments for my company, and payments are updated daily, I understand that the payments coming into HMRC etc, would be great in volume, but there should be a process to post identifiable payments straight away, I understand that there would be staff shortage issues following Covid though, but interested to see what is being done to clear the backlog of pensions being held up etc?
Posted Wed, 08 Dec 2021 09:32:54 GMT by Neil Harwood
I made a payment to cover 2019-20 in my wife’s NI contributions on October 7. The payment has still not been credited. Is this delay normal.
Posted Thu, 09 Dec 2021 11:34:20 GMT by tch1
Hi, we are in similar situation; my wife paid for two years voluntary class 1 NI contributions by cheque. Cheque was cashed on 7/12/21, however, on checking her Pension forecast online the extra two years NI credits have not been added to her records. I am a bit worried as cheque & application was sent in a month ago so would have hoped her NI record/pension forecast would have been updated by now.
Posted Wed, 29 Dec 2021 13:35:23 GMT by D Harding
Admin 19 (nearly a month ago) - Helpline now saying up 16 weeks delay, I paid 8 October. (early October) Is your statement still accurate?
Posted Tue, 04 Jan 2022 12:40:27 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

Unfortunately the team we have working on these cases has very limited resources and have many other duties to perform.

The clearance of the payments has not been expedited as quickly as we would have liked. The team are currently working on payments received on the 4 October.

If you call the helpline and speak to an advisor, they would be able to allocate the payment for you. 

National Insurance: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 07 Jan 2022 14:56:12 GMT by Vilma Harwood
I’m puzzled why HMRC 19 stated over a month ago that they were working on payments made at the beginning of October 2020 and 3 days ago they had only reached 4th October. This doesn’t inspire much confidence that the backlog will be cleared any time soon.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.