Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 17 May 2023 18:48:59 GMT by jane johnson
I have been working as a sole trader for a company based in Switzerland for the last year. This work is fully remote. I have completed my self-assessment and paid all taxes due. The company is now asking me to complete a CA3837 form, but this doesn't seem appropriate as that would imply i have actually been based in the UK. They only want evidence that i have paid my taxes. Have you any advice as to a better way to prove this to them? Thanks
Posted Wed, 24 May 2023 09:38:35 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Mango_jane,

You could send a copy of your Self Assessment statement or apply for a certificate of residence to show.

How to apply for a certificate of residence to claim tax relief abroad

Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.