Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 22 Jan 2022 19:17:29 GMT by Ken Wright
Trying to complete a self assessment, and it is asking me to confirm an underpayment value that it says was on my PAYE coding notice. The only one I can find has no values on it for any underpayment, but I don't know whether I have more notices somewhere and just can't find them. It would seem logical to assume that i can find a digital copy of anything sent to me using my Govt gateway ID, but I just can't seem to find anything relating to them. Am I just not looking in the right places please, or where can I find them on here?
Posted Mon, 24 Jan 2022 16:14:08 GMT by Gary Coombs
Can you not see this from your Personal Tax Account?
Posted Mon, 24 Jan 2022 18:09:46 GMT by Gerhard Kristandl
I was looking for those coding notices as well - and no, I cannot see them on my Personal Tax Account, at least it's not obvious. If they are there (which they should be), it would be great to provide the path to where to find them, please.
Posted Tue, 25 Jan 2022 10:16:56 GMT by HMRC Admin 17


Gerhard Kristandl,
On the PAYE section, there should be an option for check previous years, this should let you see the tax code at the end of the year
however this will not give you a breakdown of the code.

Thank you.

Posted Tue, 25 Jan 2022 12:28:03 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi Ken Wright,

You can't view all tax codes on the online account.

If you are unable to view the code you will need to contact our helpine:

Contact HMRC

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.