Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 30 Jul 2022 07:52:44 GMT by asafm7
Hi, I'm sometimes being reimbursed for project-related expenses by my clients. That is, I'm paying for something and then getting the amount back from my client. What would be the best way of recording these transactions? Also, can I claim these reimbursed expenses for tax relief? If I do not claim these reimbursed expenses for tax relief, and *do* record the reimbursement from my client as an income - I will pay more tax than I should I believe. Also, do I need to invoice my client for these expenses? I hope my question is clear enough. I will be happy to make it clearer if it isn't. Thanks, 
Posted Mon, 01 Aug 2022 13:26:52 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Please note that re-imbursed expenses should be taken into account  when calculating your total self-employed income.

If however some or all of the reimbursed expenses are 'allowable', you can of course include them as deductible expenses :.   

HS222 How to calculate your taxable profits (2020)   .

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 01 Aug 2022 19:48:14 GMT by asafm7
Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.