Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 11 Sep 2022 17:28:47 GMT by Nikki Rose
Hi, I've been trying to register for Self-Assessment online for the last 6 months, maybe even more - as I did some freelance work and I ended up making over the threshold. Every-single-time I have applied I have been met with the same email. "We have received your application to register for self-employment for MISS N ROSE. We are unable to process your application because the address provided does not match our records. WHAT TO DO NOW You will need to check or update your address before resubmitting the form. You can check and update your address online using your Personal Tax Account." There is nothing wrong with my address. The address I have provided is exactly the same as the one I provided in my application. I have no idea what's happening, I have even tried registering under my dad's address as that's where I previously lived. I have tried phoning HMRC, it's impossible to get through. So I sent a letter back in June, I never heard back. I'm at a loss of what to do.
Posted Tue, 13 Sep 2022 14:02:39 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

If you have tried to register through the post and have not had a response, you will need to keep trying our helpline.

Our telephone line is quieter if you can call before 10am.

See link:

Self Assessment: general enquiries  .

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 13 Sep 2022 14:09:54 GMT by Nikki Rose
Hi, Yes, I managed to get through early yesterday. Thanks.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.