Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 16 Nov 2021 12:46:59 GMT by dp1g08
Hi, I have an employer and taxed in the usual way, but I did some (online) teaching in my own time for an international institution last year for which they paid me a fee directly into my bank account. This was around £1200. I can't see how to declare this straightforwardly. Is this "foreign income" or do I need to declare this in a "self employed" section although I don't have a self-employed business? I'd appreciate any help with this!
Posted Wed, 17 Nov 2021 14:40:58 GMT by HMRC Admin 29

You would declare this as either self-employment income, if this is what it was, or other UK income.

You would only need to complete the foreign section as well if the institution deducted income tax at source and you need to claim foreign tax credit relief so that you are not charged twice on the same income. 

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.