Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 04 May 2022 10:37:53 GMT by Lou Swire
On the online SA form, where or how do I enter my overseas pension income? Very unclear.
Posted Thu, 05 May 2022 13:30:25 GMT by Lou Swire
OK everybody can stand down. I found the correct section to input the overseas pension. Some of us only encounter these tax forms once pa so what might be obvious to you (HMRC) or to an FSA is not always obvious to us lay-people.
Posted Fri, 06 May 2022 14:40:58 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Lou Swire,

Tailor your online form to confirm you had received Foreign Income.
In the foreign section you will see Overseas pensions, social security benefits and royalties etc and you can enter the amounts of income in this field.

Thank you.
Posted Sat, 28 May 2022 11:16:52 GMT by peter spurway
I wonder if you can help me regarding the position of having paid pension contributions into a foreign social insurance programme while resident overseas with a view to gaining a foreign state pension. Ultimately there is a possibility that there will have been insufficient pension contributions made into this programme count-wise at my pensionable age so that state will refund my contributions to me along with those made by my employer, as a gratuity. Please can you advise how these two refunds should each be regarded for UK tax purposes when the time arises. Thank you for your assistance with this.
Posted Tue, 07 Jun 2022 07:42:28 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Without the full facts we cannot provide any guidance. Once a refund of contributions is made you should write in with full details and copies of the relevant documentation.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.