Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 23 Jan 2023 14:58:48 GMT by shiveshr ranjan
Hello I moved from India to the UK in august 21. I was employed in india and that was my only source of income there. I have not earned any income in india since. All taxes on the Indian income were duly paid. IIUC, under this circumstance, I am eligible for split year treatment. but I dont really care for remittance as I am no longer earning new incomes in india. So I had a few questions: 1. which all forms do I need to fill along with my self assessment? 2. If I need to fill "Residence, remittance basis etc" then is there a soft copy version of it that I can fill out and attach along with my application or do I need to send a physical copy of this form filled out? Thanks 
Posted Wed, 25 Jan 2023 12:08:22 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

If you are claiming split year, you need to complete the residence page. you cannot file online using HMRC software and will need to use commerical software.

The whole return must be submitted together so you cannot file the SA109 in apaper form separately.

See Link:

Self Assessment commercial software suppliers   .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.