Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 10 Feb 2023 16:26:31 GMT by HM Lui
Hi, I moved to UK since 02 / 2022 before I had the US stock bought in Hong Kong. In 12 / 2022, I CUT LOSS and SOLD it. I'm not sure need to pay tax if I transfer this money from HK to UK? Thank you very much.
Posted Wed, 15 Feb 2023 09:58:18 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You might need to declare the capital loss in the event you wish to have this noted to be set against any future taxable capital gains. You can see guidance here:

Tax when you sell shares

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.