Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 14 Jan 2022 16:15:01 GMT by Danny Man
Dear HMRC, So basically the situation is... I am a non-resident landlord (overseas), and my rental income for the tax year 2020-2021 is less than £1000 as the transaction is only completed by end of March. If that is the case, do I need to complete a self-assessment form after all. it is my understanding that I DO NOT, as suggested by Section 4 of the Tax Return Notes (SA150), as well as the self-assessment online tool. I am just a bit confused on whether my identity as a non-resident landlord will mean I am subject to some other special rules? If I do not need to submit a self-assessment, do i need to inform HMRC that I am not submitting a self-assessment or that is not required? Thanks for reading and looking forward to your reply.
Posted Mon, 17 Jan 2022 14:59:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 18

If you do not meet the rules for completion of a tax return becuase your UK property income is less than £1000 then you will not need to complete a return. You will need to contact us so we can cancel this years return only. See link below:

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.


You must be signed in to post in this forum.