Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 30 Mar 2022 15:16:22 GMT by ralph2447
I am self employed, I am a chippy, and drive to different locations in the south of the UK. I cover a lot of miles in my van. I will be nearing 20,000 this tax year. Can I claim tax relief on this mileage as its for work?
Posted Thu, 31 Mar 2022 16:43:07 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi ralph2447,

You can claim business mileage expenses for using your own car for work, Please see the guidance on this subject here:

Simplified expenses if you're self-employed

Thany you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.