Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 26 May 2020 15:11:02 GMT by Marinaven Gatto
Hi, I was in the process of making my claim for the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme'. So I entered my UTR and NI correctly but I keep having this message blocking me to go further and claim it. I have checked the informations are correct. Can someone help me to understand? Thank you Marine
Posted Wed, 27 May 2020 09:36:52 GMT by Phil-S
Not unusual. I had the same problem with Gov Verify. I don't know anything about your claim problem, but if you press HMRC hard enough, you might get the assistance of one of the IT Managers who can see where things go wrong as you enter data. They won't tell you exactly what is wrong, but where. Mine came down to just one question that didn't match what HMRC had. I was giving an answer that any fool could see was right but it failed. I ended up having to give wrong answers until one passed. The problem is that some security questions are taken fro external agencies like Experian and their data might be wrong. Persevere and you will get there.
Posted Wed, 27 May 2020 12:30:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi there.

If you are having difficulty claiming online you can do so over the phone by contacting our coronavirus helpline - 0800 024 1222 (lines open 8am to 4pm) 

Thank you.  
Posted Fri, 16 Apr 2021 15:48:15 GMT by Nowshin Siddiqua
I can't apply for insurance number , it tells me my immigration status doesn't match our records. I have called on national insurance number helpline they gave me a number, but they don't answer my call. What should I do, what's wrong with the code . I have write the passport number correctly but doesn't match with them
Posted Mon, 12 Jul 2021 11:17:05 GMT by Anna77 Melesse
I couldn't apply for National Insurance number , it keeps telling me , that my immigration status doesn't match with our records. I have called on national insurance number helpline they gave me a number, but they don't answer my call. What should I do, what's wrong with the code . I have write the passport number correctly but doesn't match with them
Posted Mon, 12 Jul 2021 14:08:15 GMT by HMRC Admin 9
Hi, 

Please contact the DWP regarding your query:

Apply for a National Insurance number

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 19 Jul 2021 09:43:05 GMT by Sophiashr
Hello, officer, I encounter the same problem today. I entered the correct passport number and the date of birth, but the website shows that my details cannot match with your records. Could you please tell me what sould I do next?
Posted Mon, 19 Jul 2021 10:23:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 2
Hi, 

Please contact the DWP for advice.

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 22 Jul 2021 08:43:17 GMT by Sophiashr
Hi, I have called the DWP with 0800 141 2079 and UK Visas and Immigration contact centre with +44 (0)300 790 6268, but no one answered the phone. Could you please give me any other contact information? Any other telephone or address is fine.
Posted Thu, 22 Jul 2021 11:03:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

Unfortunately we do not have any other contact information.

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 22 Jul 2021 12:02:39 GMT by Sophiashr
So it means I cannot apply to the NI number because of your wrong record?
Posted Fri, 23 Jul 2021 08:27:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Sophiashr,

Sorry, we can only answer HMRC questions on this forum.

Please contact the DWP for advice:

Thank you.

Posted Thu, 07 Oct 2021 17:02:16 GMT by yzhh
Hi - is there any technical issue with the "View and prove your immigration status" website? For months, correct records have been entered but only the error message, "The information you have entered does not match our records," was returned. Unfortunately this is very frustrating as it is delaying a lot of administrative work. I have phoned, e-mailed without appropriate response. Please could you address this issue ASAP. Thank you.
Posted Fri, 08 Oct 2021 07:43:55 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

Sorry, we can only answer HMRC questions on this forum.

Thank you.

Posted Thu, 18 Nov 2021 18:02:31 GMT by Erika Toth
Hi, I’m trying to help my mum to sort out her self assessment, national insurance, pension... etc We have created a getaway log in. We got her User ID. Than on the next page is asking for identity check . When we type in her name , date of birth and NIN an error message pops up saying that there is no matching record . I’m not sure what’s happening. All the information we type in is correct . We have no access to her self assessment or anything as we can’t log in. What can we do in this case ? Where shall we contact regarding this issue? Thanks
Posted Tue, 23 Nov 2021 12:48:10 GMT by HMRC Admin 29
Hi,

If you are entering the details correctly, this means that we are unable to ask questions to verify her identity and you won't be able to set up an account to complete the return.

You can try using GOV.UK verify:

Introducing GOV.UK Verify

If this does not work you would need to file a paper tax return.

Thank you 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.