Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 29 Apr 2022 11:02:57 GMT by Scott Graham
Hi, I've just realised that HMRC were still carrying a taxable benefit from my employer that was only applicable for 2019 to 2020. This means I've paid unnecessary tax on it for the year 2020-2021. Unfortunately I did not submit a return for that year because HMRC said I didn't have to. So how do I go about getting a refund for the overpayment? If I have to file a return for 2020-2021 can anyone tell me how to do this online as I can't find out how to. Thanks,
Posted Fri, 29 Apr 2022 14:30:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Scott Graham,

If you were not due to file a return, you can give us this information by telephone and we can update our records to do a new tax calculation for the year.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 29 Apr 2022 16:06:15 GMT by Scott Graham
Will do. Thank you very much.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.