Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 12 Feb 2022 17:06:22 GMT by YulyPrice
I signed up for GOV.UK Verify through the Post Office, but HMRC Registration for Self Assessment does not use this feature to verify someone’s identity. I am trying to register so I can obtain my UTR number. I do not have a UK passport or any of the other items listed for verification. An agent here answered someone else’s question and suggested the only solution to this problem is to fill out form CWF1 and request the UTR number by post, but they do not tell you where to find the Form… Please direct me to the location of this Form CWF1 in the government site. Thank you, YP.
Posted Mon, 14 Feb 2022 10:56:48 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

You can find the form here under the 'Register by Post' section:

Register for Self Assessment   .

Thank you.


You must be signed in to post in this forum.