Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 26 Sep 2022 21:40:14 GMT by Ivan
Hi. I moved to UK in Nov 2021 and became tax resident by that time. After that, I received income from my previous oversea company for my service period before I moved to UK. Do I have to file this income in my self assessment? Thanks.
Posted Wed, 28 Sep 2022 09:58:29 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

If you qualify for split year then you only report any foreign income for the UK part of the year :

RDRM12000 - Residence: The SRT: Split year treatment: Contents   .

If you do not qualify then you will need to report all your foreign income to the UK:

Tax on foreign income  . 

The guidance at RDRM12150 at will help you work out if split year treatment applies.


Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.