Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 12 Jul 2022 10:32:36 GMT by allison lam
Hi, I have moved home and countries many times in the past years, and I applied for Self-Assessment around 5 times with different previous addresses I registered with HMRC but they all came back with "we are unable to process your application because the address provided does not match our records." It's strange as my previous address was successfully verified on Gateway the same day I applied to HMRC, but even that previous addresss got rejected by HMRC. I have now updated HMRC's main address & postal address to my current address. But I still get the same answer. Questions: 1) Is there a limit as to how many times we can try? (I'm applying again but I stopped receiving HMRC's confirmation email or rejection email.) 2) What can I do now? Is there an option I could HMRC all the previous addresses I lived in to match the record? Many thanks. Allison
Posted Wed, 13 Jul 2022 16:40:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi
If you are still having problems registering online, I would advise to do this by telephone.
We would not be able to update all of the address history, I would try to ensure that going forward you let HMRC know about a new address as soon as you move in.
Thankyou.
Regards.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.