Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 25 Aug 2022 13:03:04 GMT by angie@g
Hi, Following redundancy, I have completed my self assessment for 2021-22, and am due a refund of overpayment. I have received a Tax Calc letter confirming the amount I am due. I have had 2 letters * one dated 3rd August says the amount will be paid into my bank in 7 to 10 days (today is 25th August) * the other is the tax calc and says 'if I have claimed a repayment' the amount will be repaid I have called several times and been told the payment is in status 'processing' I really need this repayment - could you let me know how to speed it up and / or How do I Claim a Repayment - I have tried online am unable to locate anything thank you

[Email address removed - Admin]
Posted Thu, 25 Aug 2022 13:30:01 GMT by HMRC Admin 18
Hi,

We are unable to comment on personal circumstances.  Any repayment of tax can be selected for quality and security checks at random, as well as being selected to check for fraudulent activity and for many other reasons.  Where this happens, there can be a delay in the repayment being issued.  You will need to contact the self assessment helpline for advice specific to you as an individual.

Thank you.

Posted Sat, 27 Aug 2022 09:35:10 GMT by Steve Johnson
Hi, I have a similar issue. I completed my SA on 9th May and I'm still awaiting contact from HMRC regarding the refund. It's now 27th August... I've telephoned three times - each time waiting at least 40 minutes before connecting through to an operative. I was told I would be contacted within a month in writing each time, and have received nothing. It's causing lots of issues financially and there doesn't seem to be anyone that owns your case to get it resolved. I share to highlight you might need to chase HMRC hard. I've only just discovered this forum, so hoping it may help. Hope you're experience is better than mine.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.