Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 27 Sep 2022 20:11:18 GMT by thisist
Hi, I moved from Hong Kong to UK in Sept 2021. From March 2022 til now, I word as remote freelancer for a Hong Kong company and receive wages to my Hong Kong bank account. The income I have earned doesn't meet the taxable threshold in Hong Kong so I don't have to pay any Hong Kong tax. May I ask, in this case: (1) Do I need to fill in any self-assessment form? (2) If yes, which form(s) should I fill in? Thank you in advance.
Posted Thu, 29 Sep 2022 10:20:11 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi thisist, 

Yes a tax return is required as the employment is carried out in the uk.

Please refer to guidance at:

Tax on foreign income

Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.