Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 01 Nov 2023 21:13:29 GMT by Klaudia Dobrzycka
Hello, Do I need to include in the self assessment as “other income” the money I received from the Energy Bill Support Scheme (every household receiving £400 for bills for winter 2022- 2023) and the Alternative Fuel Payment (£200 for homes using heating oil)? I don’t think that I do, but I would prefer to confirm this. Many thanks for your advice. Kind regards
Posted Thu, 02 Nov 2023 16:41:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Klaudia Dobrzycka,
No you dont need to include this.
Thank you.
Posted Sat, 04 Nov 2023 16:45:00 GMT by Klaudia Dobrzycka
Hello, Many thanks for your quick reply. Can I confirm that the same applies to the money electricity company paid back into my account for using less electricity during certain times (it was probably a few pounds in total)? Many thanks. Kind regards
Posted Thu, 09 Nov 2023 06:43:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Klaudia Dobrzycka,
If the repayment reduces the self emplolyment expenses in your tax return, then yes.
If you are not self employed, then no.
Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.