Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 06 May 2022 13:48:07 GMT by hyjuice
My mother (non-uk resident) passed away and gifted her foreign property to me (UK resident) in her will, back in 2012. I am looking to sell the property this year. Will I be liable to capital gains tax? There is no capital gains tax in the foreign country. Thanks.
Posted Thu, 12 May 2022 12:23:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Residents of the UK are liable to Capital Gains Tax on the sale of overseas property, you can see more information here:                                                 

Tax when you sell property

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.