Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 26 Apr 2023 17:34:42 GMT by Kyle Innes
I recently filled out my self-assessment tax return, I earn before tax just over £30,000 and I only made £240 profit from my work as self-employed but I still have to pay £134 tax after I filled out my self-assessment return, surely this is not correct?
Posted Thu, 04 May 2023 09:30:02 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Kyle Innes,

Please check your tax code for the year as you may have had allowances in your tax code you didn't claim on your tax return. 

Thank you. 

Posted Thu, 04 May 2023 10:12:04 GMT by Kyle Innes
Hallo, How will I be able to check my tax code and when I do find it, how will I know if I had allowances? Thanks in advance
Posted Thu, 04 May 2023 10:14:31 GMT by Kyle Innes
I believe this is my tax code from my recent pay line: S1013T
Posted Thu, 04 May 2023 10:18:44 GMT by Kyle Innes
But this tax code was used on the last payline of the financial year ending 05.04.23: S1256T, the tax code of: S1013T is on my recent payline from a few days ago.
Posted Wed, 10 May 2023 14:04:29 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You can view your tax code in the personal tax account under the PAYE section and viewing the current tax year.

If you are unsure of why there is a change in the code you will need to contact our Income Tax team.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.