Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 21 Dec 2022 21:54:08 GMT by chanp
We resided in the U.K. in 2020 and surrender our foreign life insurance policy in 2022. May I know how can we contact HMRC for calculation of gains from surrender of foreign insurance policy as there is no certificate of chargeable events with gains from insurer. Thanks.
Posted Fri, 23 Dec 2022 08:32:55 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You will need to declare this in a tax return.

The company shoud have confirmed the amount and number of years it was held for. You can see further gudance here:

Tax on foreign income

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.