Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 08 Jun 2022 21:35:23 GMT by Edgars
Hello, I have overpaid tax for 2021-2022 which now shows in my self assessment account and to claim it I have to press the link, which opens a new page and asks to confirm myself, even though I am going through my tax account in which I already logged in. Firstly it reads: """" You will be asked to give details about two items you may have, like your: UK passport payslips or P60 Self Assessment tax credits and Voice ID Northern Ireland driving licence You may also be able to answer questions about your credit record. We ask these questions to protect you against malicious or fraudulent attempts to access the service. """" But when I press continue it gives only 3 options, and asks to choose 2 of them. Options are: UK Passport Credit reference questions Northern Ireland Driving License Only one apply to me, therefore I cannot continue with my claim. What is the way around this? I have fully verified online account, to which I can login with no problems, but for some reason cannot use this service. How else I can claim? Previous years all overpaid tax was credited automatically after self assessment submission.
Posted Thu, 09 Jun 2022 13:44:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 26
Hi,

After the security questions were updated, you need to complete them again in order to claim the repayment.

If you are not able to pass with the questions provided you will need to contact our Self Assessment department regarding the repayment.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.