Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 29 May 2022 22:44:09 GMT by Sarah Matthews
My son received monies from a bond held in Isle of Man which was invested after the death of his father. He has received a Chargeable event certificate. I understand that he will need to register for self assessment to declare this to HMRC. Please can someone advise where he fills in this type of income on the forms as it is classed as being held offshore (foreign).
Posted Tue, 31 May 2022 10:49:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 17


Sarah Matthews ,
This income should be declared as foreign income on the page SA106 at boxes 43-45 (paper  return).

If filing online, still foreign income but under other overseas income and gains - gains from life insurance policies  .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.