Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 07 May 2022 16:05:02 GMT by TFS
I moved to the UK in Jul 2021, and this is my first year becoming a tax resident in the UK and the first time to fill in a tax return. From Aug 2021 to Sep 2021, I was still employed by a foreign company in Hong Kong and received employment income. Which section should I report the income in the tax return? Under "Employment" or "Foreign"? Thanks!
Posted Fri, 13 May 2022 07:44:28 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

If you became resident in the tax year and you received foreign income for part of the year then this should be declared on the foreign section of the tax return under employment.  

You may also wish to see guidance on split year treatment in case this applies to your circumstances:

RDRM12030 - Residence: The SRT: Split year treatment: When will split year treatment apply

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.