Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 15 Jan 2023 17:27:54 GMT by Sue
My tax code for 21/22 was 2255L, replacing 1251T due to a £10,000 personal pension relief allowance, assuming the relief was applied to my tax code based on level of personal pension contributions I have previously made. Pension contributions for that financial year were only through my employers pension scheme, I made no private contributions in that year. Am i correct in that the personal pension relief is no longer applicable and so the tax calculation in this self assessment corrects the underpayment against tax contributions made through employer?
Posted Wed, 18 Jan 2023 12:48:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

You are correct, if you do not enter any personal contributions on the return it will generate an underpayment .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.