Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 14 Aug 2022 07:37:38 GMT by Ligeva
Hi, I am living in the UK on a spouse visa, been here for almost 2.5 years. I am working and paying tax(PAYE). I am planning to sell my house in the Philippines. I have prospect buyer which is from Australia so the money will come from Australia to my UK bank account. Also I got the house before we moved to the UK. Do I need to file self-assessment and pay tax?
Posted Mon, 15 Aug 2022 13:47:52 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Have a look at the guidance at;

 Tax when you sell property  . 

You may have to pay tax on any gains arising from the disposal of a foriegn property.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.