Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 21 Dec 2022 19:02:02 GMT by tigerspill
Hi, I am the beneficiary of some income from an estate. I have seen the R185. Tax has been paid at basic rate by the estate. I believe I need to transfer some of these figured to the "Trust" pages of my self assessment. How do I get these pages to complete? I assume I need to click another box at the "configure your tax return" stage to add something to gain access to the additional form, but I cant see how to do this. Thanks
Posted Thu, 05 Jan 2023 15:55:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

You cannot file the income from a deceased person’s estate online using HMRC software. HMRC’s online version of the Self Assessment tax return does not include the equivalent section SA107.

You will need to send a return using third party commercial software.

File your Self Assessment tax return online

If you have already submitted your online tax return and wish to amend the return, you can file the SA107 by post separately, 

Please send the completed SA107 to:

Self Assessment
HM Revenue and Customs
United Kingdom

Please ensure that your Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) number is shown on your SA107.  

Thank you.

[Post and thread amended. Sorry for any confusion - Admin]

You must be signed in to post in this forum.