Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 01 May 2022 18:23:44 GMT by Jacob
I'm filling out my self assessment now. I moved to the UK in the middle of May 2021 for the first time, and 2021-22 is the first year I've been a UK tax resident. As part of my self-assessment, I have filled out the form for split-year treatment SA109. Do I have to report any of my income from before I moved to the UK? Or do I just need to file to say I was not a UK resident till mid-May?
Posted Wed, 04 May 2022 11:05:27 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Jacob,

Yes this is correct.  
Tick the box for Split Year Treatment and advise of the dates this applies.
There is no need to confirm any income prior to arriving in the UK. 

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.