Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 04 Aug 2023 17:42:11 GMT by Failiu
Hi, My wife would like to transfer £1,260 (marriage allowance) to me to reduce the amount of tax. My wife applied the marriage allowance by online ( and received the confirmation of marriage allowance email. Should I also need to fill the information into the part of marriage allowance of SA100 form? Hopefully reply me as soon as possible. Thanks.
Posted Wed, 09 Aug 2023 13:16:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

You don't claim the Marriage Allowance on the return. If it is in place, HMRC will update the SA calculation to include the Marriage Allowance.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.