Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 18 Aug 2022 12:15:51 GMT by Pat CHANG
I am holding shares of securities(foreign stock market) and dividends income was made by those foreign company. For SA106, am I right if put that income on Page F2 "Interest and other income from overseas saving"? or I should it on Page F2 " Dividends from foreign companies"?
Posted Fri, 19 Aug 2022 14:32:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

As long as the Foreign dividends do not exceed £2000 you can enter them on TR3 at box 6, Foreign dividends (up to £2,000) and enter any foreign tax in box 7, Tax taken off foreign dividends.

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 19 Aug 2022 15:47:25 GMT by Pat CHANG
Hello, Dear Admin, I am filling out the SA106 because the foreign dividends exceed £2,000. I would like clarify should I put the amount on SA106 Page F2 " Dividends from foreign companies" ( The dividends are not taxed on the remittance basis.) Thank you
Posted Mon, 22 Aug 2022 13:35:10 GMT by HMRC Admin 18

Yes, you should enter the relevant amounts in the Foreign pages (SA106) under 'Dividends from foreign companies'. 

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 23 Aug 2022 20:27:20 GMT by Pat CHANG
Hello ! I sent my tax return today. Just now I found that there are 2 typing mistakes. 1. on the SA100, the employer reference should be end with '9035'and I put '9025' 2. on the SA109, bix 40, I should type 'started having a home on Aug 2021'. I had typed '2022'. What can I do?
Posted Wed, 24 Aug 2022 14:19:33 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
If you have filed the return online, you can go back in and amend it (wait 72 hours before doing so).
If sent in paper return, you will need to write in giving details.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.