Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 16 Nov 2022 22:40:38 GMT by Russell Howes
I have been notified about needing to complete a self assessment for the first time, I think because I received a redundancy payment, and have two questions. The first is around what I put on the employment section. It asks for information from my P45, which I received in February, but I then received a bonus payment in March so after the P45 but still in the same tax year. How do I report that? The second is around taxable benefits. In my previous employment I received private health insurance, but they never issued a P11D (I worked for them for 19 years and never received one), I believe this is because they deducted tax for this at source. I've tried to find someone to contact but have drawn a blank, so I have no information on what to enter in that section. I've also checked with several of my former colleagues and none of them have ever received a P11D from the company. Does anyone have any ideas what I should do in this section?
Posted Mon, 21 Nov 2022 13:55:23 GMT by HMRC Admin 18

Payments after the P45 should also be included in the total income and tax on the employment section. In terms of the medical, employers can tax this at source and therefore don't generate a P11D. You would not need to enter figures for this.

Thank you.


You must be signed in to post in this forum.