Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 05 Apr 2022 10:08:18 GMT by Chris
Hello, I am employed full time and self-employed part time. I started my business in April 2020 as a sole trader and completed my self-assessed tax return for the first time last year. At the time, I selected to have my tax on self-employment taken from my employed wage via a change in tax credits for the next financial year. Is it possible to change this and pay my tax as a lump sum instead? I haven't been able to find an option for this on the HMRC website.
Posted Wed, 06 Apr 2022 10:30:27 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

If you make payment directly to SA, and then contact us 5 days after the payment, we can review the tax code.

See link:

Self Assessment: general enquiries    .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.