Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 08 Mar 2023 11:49:48 GMT by Jason Woods
I have just wasted 70 minutes of my life trying to get through on the phone then the phone went silent so I have given up. I set up as a sole trader last year and registered for self assessment. When i registered I seem to recall the options for the different occupations were not a great choice. I think I registered as a Gardener and Handyman but I cannot remember. How do I find out? As the year has progressed I have found myself doing more things including building caravans and soon I will be converting vans to campervans. I will obviously want to claim expenses for all the material i use and the purchase of vehicles that I convert. I want to make sure you are aware I am doing this. How do I do this and please don't say ring us up because the phone lines don't work! Thank you
Posted Fri, 10 Mar 2023 13:26:29 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

If you have changed trade, you can update this when you submit your tax return as it will ask about this.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.