Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 21 Sep 2022 14:32:18 GMT by Steve Summersby
Hi, my only income in tax year 2021/22 was revenue from selling shares acquired over a period of 7 years in a US-based company's restricted stock scheme. Shares were held in a US-based account on vesting, and US withholding tax was routinely paid at the time of vesting. Please advise where I declare this revenue on my self-assessment, and which details I should report to ensure I pay all tax due. My thanks
Posted Thu, 22 Sep 2022 11:58:48 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Steve Summersby,

This would be classed as a capital gain. Further guidance is at:

 HS284 Shares and Capital Gains Tax (2022)

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.