Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 14 Jan 2023 10:15:15 GMT by Jay Norton
A few years ago I registered as a self employed Sole Trader sand described the business as offering a wide range of services within the education / community (delivering events, parties, teaching education programmes and education consultancy). Overtime it has expanded into other areas including PA help for an elderly client which I now spend most of my time doing . I have been invoicing using my Sole Trader name which was originally set for the education and community service and have been putting my income into this bank because I see the PA work as a service. I have also been submitting my tax returns all as one and have been keeping all book records as one. Is this allowable under HMRC rules? Please advise if I need to make any changes.  
Posted Wed, 18 Jan 2023 09:20:22 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Jay Norton,

They should really be split to show multiple source on your retrun and different sets of accounts for each one. 

Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.