Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 11 Feb 2022 10:54:37 GMT by Rong Kai Wong
I am on a dependent visa and wish to do self assessment (my income comes from overseas). I have a national insurance number. However, when I tried to do it online, I reach the pages where I have to key in my full name and NI number, and the website told me there's an error as there's no records of the details I key in, and asked me to re-do it. Now I'm always stuck at that stage. What's wrong and how can I do self assessment? Does this mean I need not pay taxes?
Posted Mon, 14 Feb 2022 09:51:52 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

 If all the details are correct you need to report this to our digital team, at the bottom of the screen there should be a 'get help with this page /
is there anything wrong with this page' link which will bring up a form.

You may wish to ensure your details are correct before you do this :

Self Assessment: general enquiries  .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.