Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 30 May 2024 13:35:28 GMT by Matthew
I'm in the process of completing my self assessment tax return for 23-24. During that period I paid off my student loan as a lump sum to the SLC. I paid the final amount as a direct payment from my savings. Do I need to inform HMRC of this payment in my tax return? And if so, how?
Posted Tue, 04 Jun 2024 10:56:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Please click 'no' to the student loan question or you will be incorrectly charged student loan by HMRC.  You will need to contact HMRC on 0300 200 3310 and advise that you have paid off your student loan.  We can then contact the student loan company and update your records.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.