Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 06 May 2022 15:40:08 GMT by Victoria Manford
I have never been self employed before and started my business recently. I registered for the Government Gateway and started to fill in my details for Dec 2021-Apr 2022. I wanted to make sure I understood what to do before proceeding any further so saved my answers to return to. I logged back in today to check where I was up to and it asked for my Government Gateway ID again, I entered this and it automatically submitted my return without me checking what I have done or submitting any figures etc. I have no idea what stage I was up to and I can not seem to access anything to amend or check. I have now had an email from HMRC to state that my submission has been received and will now be verified. I feel like I've made a big mistake as I did not mean to submit anything. Can this be fixed?
Posted Mon, 09 May 2022 14:14:21 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

When logged into your account, you can view the return that has been submitted and make changes and then resubmit,
if you are unable to find where to do this if you contact our Self Assessment helpline we can help you get back into the return.

See Link:

Self Assessment: general enquiries   .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.