Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 10 Aug 2022 18:44:14 GMT by sdj1972
I have 2 repayments due - they show on my account as pending and have done for over 2 months - I spoke to an advisor 6 weeks and she advised payment would be very soon . I now cannot get through on the phone to speak to anyone and cant find an online support - what do I do now?
Posted Fri, 12 Aug 2022 11:20:04 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

You would need to try the helpline again to query this as we are not able to access your account from this forum.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 15 Sep 2022 05:58:02 GMT by Olu Akinpelu
Hello, I just need a bit of clarification please. I did my self assessment and have been told it has been forwarded for additional security checks which could take up to 6 weeks. Can you advice what these security checks are please, I have searched to find out what they are for but cannot find any clear information online. Also would there be any reason why these checks will take longer than 6 weeks. In the past it has taken only 4 weeks, I am surprised how this is longer. Thanks I'm advance
Posted Fri, 16 Sep 2022 13:13:25 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Olu Akinpelu,

There are additional security checks in place to help protect the public purse and put a stop to fraudulent repayment claims.  
Repayments may be selected at random for further checks or may be selected because of the nature of the repayment being claimed, or it may be a large sum of money being repaid.  
Where a repayment is selected for further checks, we will write to the individual concerned, to let them know there will be a delay and to ask for them to provide more information.

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 26 Sep 2022 18:31:14 GMT by Jon Mell
Good luck - mine has been "Repayment Pending" since 7th July. No one has written to me to ask for more information. Self Assessment helpline said they couldn't give any indication as to why it was delayed or when it might be reviewed. I raised 3 complaints, 2 online and 1 over the phone and no-one has responded to the complaint (or the complaint about the complaint not being picked up). Do we get to charge interest at some point?
Posted Wed, 28 Sep 2022 10:08:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi

Jon Mell   ,

If you have already raised this with complaints, you would need to contact them with any further queries regarding this.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.