Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 30 Dec 2022 11:03:02 GMT by Gentry
Hi. I'm having to fill in a self assessment for the first time due to the child benefit high salary charge. I only earned over £50000 last year due to getting a large redundancy payment however I paid £30,500 into my company pension. So this needs to be off-set. What a job!! Anyway I've fathomed out most things but when I get to the page where you enter the pension details does anyone know which box I should enter it into. ?? The basic rate tax was paid by the provider I think and I had to claim back the higher rate tax relief which I got back in June. I think it's the top box but when I finalised the figures it works out I'm owed over £1000 back which I don't think it correct? Can any one help me please? Thanks. Catherine.
Posted Thu, 05 Jan 2023 12:26:19 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

If the provider claimed the basic rate tax then you are correct to complete that box. If you are unsure over the refund please contact our helpline 72 hours after submitting the return and we can check the calculation.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.