Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 04 Oct 2023 09:10:15 GMT by Alex Wong
This is my first year as a UK resident. For self-assessment, I have filled out SA-100 through online system, and I think I should also fill out SA-109 for "Split Year Treatment". My question is: Can I submit SA-109 in form of a softcopy attachment to my SA-100 submission? Or I need to request for a paper based SA-100 and submit it together with a physical paper SA-109?
Posted Mon, 09 Oct 2023 12:11:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

The HMRC online tax return, does not support the submission of the SA109 (residence) section or other sections for trusts or partnerships, so to submit an online tax return, you would have to buy a commercial Self Assessment Tax Return, that does include this area.

A list of commercial software suppliers can be found at:

Self Assessment commercial software suppliers 

You will be able to submit a paper SA109 to amend your captured tax return, so that you can claim split year treatment. 

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.