Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 07 Sep 2022 09:32:12 GMT by CS L
Hi, I immigrated to UK since July 2021 and had not been UK before. I worked remotely for an overseas company which paid the salary to my overseas bank account since I immigrated to UK. I had not moved my salary; overseas bank interest and dividend to UK. In my case, I believe that split year treatment and remittance basis are applicable to me and I would like to claim remittance basis for my foreign income. As I understanding, I have to file below 4 forms for my self-assessment 2021/22 1. SA100 Self Assessment; 2. SA102 Employment; 3. SA106 Self-Assessment and 4. SA109 Residence, remittance basic (self-assessment) I don't want to use the commercial software to file SA106 and SA109. Please advise: 1. if there is any other forms I have to file 2. Can I file SA100 Self Assessment tax return online and send the paper forms of SA102; SA106 and SA109 to HMRC to complete the tax reporting for 2021/22? or I shall file all returns (SA100;SA102; SA106 and SA109) by paper form if I don't want to file SA106 and SA109 by commercial software. 3. Is below the postal address of HMRC for submission of self-assessment? Self Assessment HM Revenue and Customs BX9 1AS United Kingdom 4. Is Midnight 31 October 2022 the deadline for filing the self-assessment 2021/22? 5. How can I confirm if HMRC receive my paper forms by post? Thanks for your kindly attention and looking forward to your promptly reply shortly. Regards, CSL
Posted Fri, 09 Sep 2022 17:34:45 GMT by
Hi  CS L,

1. You may also need a foreign supplementary page - SA105.  

Link here to SA105: Self Assessment: UK property (SA105)

2. No you cannot file the informtion separately, it must all be done online or all on paper.  

3 Yes that is the correct address.

4. Yes paper returns needs to be filed by 31/10/22 for the 21/22 tax year.

5. Once you have submitted the return you can check to see if it has been logged as received ,  allow 10 days from date of posting.

Contact details here: 

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you, 

Posted Sat, 10 Sep 2022 11:37:31 GMT by CS L
Hi MMRC Admin, Thanks for your reply. As I don't have any income (letting/gain on disposal) from land and property in UK/EEA/elsewhere, I am not going to report any income from land and property abroad in SA106 F4 and F5 Foreign income. I have 2 more questions about filing of SA105: Self Assessment UK Property. Pls advise. i) Do I need to submit SA105 if I don't have any income (letting/gain on disposal) from land and property in UK/EEA/elsewhere? ii) Shall I make note of "No property income for letting/gain on disposal of land and property in UK/EEA/elsewhere in 2021/22" in box 19 of SA100 and box 40 of SA109? Regards, CSL
Posted Tue, 13 Sep 2022 13:48:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
If you have no rental income then you do not need to complete SA105.
If you completed this page previously, it wuld be helpful to confim at box 19 the date the income ceased and/or the date the property was sold.
Posted Thu, 06 Oct 2022 10:24:39 GMT by CS L
Hi Admin, I sent my paper returns SA100; SA102; SA106 and SA109 for 2021/22 by post and got the acknowledge receipt of the post on 21/9 from post office tracking system. However, I can't find any filing record of my previous yr's (2021/22) tax return in my personal tax account, 2021/22 is the first tax year to me. It indicates that "You haven't filed any returns for previous years". in the section of "Self Assessment-Previously Filed Returns". May I know how can i confirm my successful filing of the self-assessment returns for 2021/22? Regards, CSL
Posted Wed, 12 Oct 2022 15:46:25 GMT by HMRC Admin 20

If you received an acknowledgement of receipt and its not showing on the online account as received, please contact our helpline.
Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.